Wednesday, March 24, 2010

kindered souls


i would totally have bought this tshirt if it wasnt $270 and i wasn't going to london in a week. $270 is approximately 21 hours of work at my work. that's more than a whole week of working for $270... aren't we glad we have credit cards. it's going to suck when i have to pay for things in pounds. and its going to suck even more when i have to pay for things in euros wahh.

so what exciting things have happened this week:
my cat has successfully dismantled two roles of toilet paper which i stupidly thought were far enough out of his reach. remainders of these are currently spread around my house in little pieces which i cant quite be bothered dealing with due to the absence of a vacuum and the presence of the less efficent 'carpet sweeper'.
i have successfully learnt how to say 'my favourite colour is' 'my favourite tshirt is' 'my favourite season is' (etc) in german. i also conveniently attended the 'leiblingsfarbe' (favourite colour) class in my brightest most incredibly colourful jumper that i have ever seen or owned and thus was victim of the 'examples' 'what colours is mary wearing' for the entire lesson and now everyone knows my name and i dont know theirs. i also was victim to the next class of discussing who 'ist klein' ie small. at least it wasnt who 'ist dick'. schmutzig means dirty i think it's a better word for dirty than dirty i dont know why we didnt keep it.
someone in german thought i was 'still a teenager' (who obviously was 18 and straight out of highschool because the first question he asked me was what high school do you go to and i was like (well i didnt say this i told him the answer but) you cant categorise me by my highschool anymore because it was 3 years ago!) and was shocked and disappointed to find out that i was NOT a teenager but a 20 year old. it's depressing
i also had a highschool student ask me where i got my shoes from today. i felt good when i told her they were from london and no she could never buy them online because they are 'vintage' aka were a rip off and dont quite fit me properly. it felt good except for that she was some random highschool student. and it was also a bit awkward because just before she had started talking to me i had shoved about half a sushi role into my mouth.
is it normal for other cyclists to talk to you while you're riding down the road? i would lean towards that it's not, and that it's wierd and a bit awkward. but apparently not. it's happened to me twice in 2 days at hte same random intersection for no reason people starting conversations wiht things like 'nice bike' or 'good weather isnt it' and then preceeding to ask me where i'm going, what i'm doing etc and then seeming offended when i ride off to go to do what i was doing.

so the things i've realised about my life are: my boyfriend looks like the guy in the background of this photo
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3543963&op=3&o=global&view=global&subj=502615419&id=658016493
(i have not mastered how to insert a link here yet properly)
and also that his brother looks like that photo i put up under the title 'boyfriend' but infact jason schwartzman is not my boyfriend and my boyfriend doesnt look like jason schwartzman. i also have realised that another person i find incredibly attractive looks extremely a lot like a friend of mine who died a few years ago and i really miss and this is probably the single reason i find him so attractive, except i only realised it just recently. thanks a bunch subconscience.
so i bought some marc jacobs mouse flats off ebay. they were my exact size. they DO fit me.. except they're a little bit small. i mean well, so i also bought drmartins and they're a little bit on the small ish side too awhile ago, and whenever i wear them they make my heels hurt, so i was wearing those shoes the day my mouse flats came in the post but i really wanted to wear my mouse flats so i wore them and then because my feet already hurt it made them DIE but i blame the docs not the mouseflats. and then i waited for them to heal a bit and they werent quite healed but i thought 'oh well' and wore hte mouseflats to uni and then my FEET STARTED BLEEDING. so i had to stuff the backs of my shoes with toilet paper and looked like a freak.
and so i havent worn them since. i dont know whether i should try my luck again and see if they really are that small for me or if i should try and make my feet get used to them. i want to keep them so much! but i oculd get a fair few $$$$ for them on ebay.. also i should probably sell my docs too, they're the real problem, i hope. i wish you would 'loose weight' in your feet and make them smaller.
ALSO I'M GOING TO LONDON ON THURSDAY. i am probably going to die or come very close to nearly being murdered at some stage in this trip. it will be fun. i can tell my grandchildren if i ever get that far in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment